As a parent, you may have many questions regarding your child’s health and development. The pediatric dentist is here to help you! Find useful information and resources about your child’s oral health here. And be sure to ask our dental staff and doctors for additional information
Please read below and browse the additional links on our sidebar for more information and tips from our pediatric specialists!
Pediatric dentists have special training to help parents and children learn the best way to take care of your teeth and help keep you safe! This includes, but is not limited to:
- Teaching parents about when teeth should be expected to grow in and wiggle out
- Preparing parents for a kid’s dental visits and expected behaviors at the dentist
- Showing parents and kids how to brush their teeth and floss correctly
- Teaching parents how to check for signs cavities or infections at home
- Discussing dental injuries with parents of small kids learning to walk or older children playing sports
- Reviewing safety recommendations including child-proofing, helmets, and athletic mouth guards
- Reviewing orthodontic needs as your child’s adult teeth continue to grow
- Discussing the importance of keeping mom and dad’s teeth healthy too! A healthy mouth leads to a healthy body for everyone in the family.
Your Child’s Dental Visits (video)
Educational Videos from the University of Iowa Dept. of Pediatric Dentistry
What About Sterilization?
Your health and peace of mind are always our primary concern; therefore, we use state-of-the-art sterilization procedures. After each patient’s visit, the treatment area is thoroughly disinfected. We ultrasonically clean and heat-sterilize all non-disposable instruments. Our staff wears gloves and masks during procedures. Please feel free to ask us for information on the measures we take to ensure the safety of you and your children or a tour of our sterilization area.